Use portals to share a set of surveys with respondents. Portals can be password protected and survey deadlines are listed in your portal.
To create a portal and add surveys to it:
- Select Portals from the Tools menu in the top left.
- Click + New Portal and give your portal a name. This name will be visible to your respondents.
- Configure your portal’s Settings. See below for details.
- Add surveys to your portal. Click on the Surveys tab and select the survey you want to add from the Select Survey menu in the upper right. If the survey has more than one collector, select the desired one from the collector drop down and click + Add Survey.
Click to see settings in detail:
|Links||Adds links to a drop down in the upper right corner of your portal|
|Password Required||Visitors to the portal link will be required to enter their FluidSurveys password or create one to view your surveys.|
|Send a survey notification to respondents when a survey is added||Sends a notification email to portal respondents when a survey is added to the portal.|
|Send a portal invitation to a respondent when they are added||Sends an invite email to a respondent when they are added to the portal.|
Distributing Your Portal to Respondents by URL
Distribute your portal to respondents using the Web URL found in the portal Settings tab. You can customize the end of this link using the Customize button or turn it into a bitly link if you have added the Bitly integration.
Adding Respondents to Portals
You can add any of the contacts in your address book as a portal respondent. Depending on your portal’s settings respondents, portal respondents receive portal invitation emails and portal notifications emails when new surveys are added to the portal. You can also track the survey completion rate of portal respondents from the respondents tab.
To add respondents to your portal:
- Click on the Respondents tab in your portal.
- Click + Add Respondents.
- Click All Contacts to show a list of all of your contacts in the window that opens.
- Select contacts you want to add and click Add at the bottom of the window.
Once you have added respondents to your portal the following can be done using the Actions menu in the respondents tab:
- Send portal invites (to selected respondents)
- Send postal invites to all respondents
- Send custom emails (to selected respondents)
- Clear passwords (will clear the selected respondents portal password)
- Remove respondents (removes selected respondents from the portal)
Emailing from your Portal
Your portal can be set to automatically email respondents when they are added to your portal and when new surveys are added to a portal. Turn these options off in Settings. Edit the text of these automated email messages in the Emails tab. The Survey Notification email is sent when new surveys are added and the Portal Invitation is sent when a respondent is added.
Send manual messages using the Actions drop down in the Respondents tab. Select respondents you want to email and select either custom email or portal invite. Selecting custom email will open up a message window for you to compose your email in.
Closing and Opening a Portal
When you close a portal, respondents will no longer be able to access it. To close a portal, click the button that says Portal Live in the upper right corner of the portal editor.
Adding Links to Portals
You can add a list of links to websites to your portal. Links are added to a drop down in the upper right corner of the portal.
To add a link:
- In the Settings tab of your portal editor, click Add New Link.
- Give your link a label, this is what displays in the links drop down.
- Enter the URL you want to link to.