Question identifiers allow you to use logic and other advanced survey features. Identifiers are:
- Used for piping text between questions.
- Required when extracting the text of a selected answer choice.
- Included in exports of responses.
To give a question an identifier:
- Click on the question you want to give an identifier to.
- Click on the blue None in the Identifier section of the question’s Options.
- Enter your identifier. Identifiers must begin with a letter, and may only contain letters, numbers, and underscores.
- Save your survey.