The text response question type lets respondents give open ended answers to question. You can add answer validation to make sure that respondents have entered a specific kind of information. For example, an email address. You can also set a minimum or maximum length for the answer and adjust the size of the response box to accommodate longer answers.
To set up a text response question:
- Drag and drop a text response question from the Basic Questions section of the palette to the canvas.
- Phrase your question in the Question Title and optionally add an Extra Description.
- Adjust the size of your text response box or add validation using Display and Options settings. See below for details.
- If you want to make the question required, uncheck Optional from Options.
- Configure any other Display or Options settings. See below for details.
- Save your survey.
|Multiline||Select to make the text response box more than one line long. Specify how many Rows you would like it to be.|
|Columns||A number between 1 and 100 that sets the percent width of a single line response box.|
|Display side-by-side||Displays the question on one half of the screen. In order for two questions to display side-by-side, you’ll have to enable this option for both questions. The first question will be on the left and the second on the right.|
|Append to previous question||Use this to make this question appear as if it’s part of the previous question.|
|Optional||Makes question optional. Uncheck to make it required.|
|Password Field||When a user types in this input box, the text will appear as dots.|
|Validation||Require respondents to enter data in a particular format.|
|Initial Value||Text that is prepopulated in the text response box.|