The slider question type lets you set a range, for example from 0–15 and have respondents pick a value within the range using a slider. The slider question collects data like a text response question, you cannot make graphs in reports with data from a slider.
To set up a slider question:
- Drag and drop a slider question from the Basic Questions section of the palette to the canvas.
- Phrase your question in the Question Title and optionally add an Extra Description.
- If you plan to use logic or export your data, give your question an Identifier by clicking None next to Identifier.
- By default the question has a Minimum Value of 0 and a Maximum Value of 100 and a Step Size of 1. This means respondents can select any whole number between 0 and 100 with the slider. If the step size were changed to 20 and the range kept the same, respondents would be able to select 0, 20, 40, 60, 80, or 100 with the slider. Change the range or Step Size in the Options section.
- By default the question is Optional, unselect this in the Options section to make the question required.
- Optionally, give the question a Left Label and a Right Label in the Options section. These labels display on either side of your slider.
- Optionally, specify a Initial Value in the Options section. This value is be pre-selected on the slider for respondents.
- Configure Display settings. See below for details.
- Save your survey.
|Display side-by-side||Displays the question on one half of the screen. In order for two questions to display side-by-side, you’ll have to enable this option for both questions. The first question will be on the left and the second on the right.|
|Append to previous question||Use this to make this question appear to respondents as if it’s part of the previous question.|