Set a quota that limits how many respondents can take your survey or deadlines to set a time period when the survey is live.
There are two ways to set a quota:
- Use a simple quota that limits how many respondents can begin or submit your survey or when they can take your survey.
- Use an advanced quota to creeate logic rules that limit how many respondents can take your survey or will see a certain question. For example set a limit on how many respondents can self-identify as male and take your survey.
Setting Simple Quotas and Deadlines
Respondents who visit your survey link after a quota has been reached will see the following message: “Sorry, but our quota has been reached and we cannot accommodate any more participants for this survey.”
To limit how many respondents may begin your survey or submit your survey without any logic rules:
- Click the settings icon in the lefthand toolbar of your survey.
- Click Quotas & Deadlines.
- Enter the number of respondents you want to be able to begin a survey into Responses.
- Enter the number of respondents you want to be able to submit a survey into Completed.
- If you want to set a deadline, select a Quota Start Date and Quota End Date
Setting Advanced Quotas Using Logic Rules
Quota logic lets you terminate, finish, exit, or hide questions in a survey when your logic conditions are met. Define a set of rules that will trigger your quota. You can combine rule conditions with the Boolean operators AND or OR to create more complex conditions.
- Use the AND operator to set up logic where every condition must be met in order to trigger actions.
- Use the OR operator to set up logic where only one of the conditions must be met to trigger actions.
- Use Negation to invert the logic of your rules, to create a NOT situation.
To set up a quota with logic rules:
- Select the Page tab in the palette of the survey editor.
- Click Edit Advanced Quotas.
- Enter the number of respondents that will need to meet your conditions before the quota is triggered into the box following “If there are”
- Select which status the response will need to have to meet the conditions. Options are All, Incomplete, Complete, and Terminated.
- Define your logic conditions. Select a survey question or metavariable from the first drop down and define the values that will trigger your quota.
- If you want to combine rules, click Add Rule. Toggle between AND or OR by clicking on the operand that appears.
- Continue to add additional question and answer conditions until you’ve set up the rule conditions you want.
- Select what you want to happen when the quota has been reached from the Then drop down. The Exit survey with a quota filled message option marks the response as Quota reached. Finish the Survey marks the response as Complete and Terminate the Survey marks it as Terminated. Hide a question lets you select a single question to hide from the respondent.
- Click Save to save your logic and save your survey.