The ranking question asks respondents to order a list of variables, matching them with ranking choices. Respondents drag and drop the variables into place, matching them together like puzzle pieces.
To set up a ranking question:
- Drag and drop a ranking question from the Advanced Questions section of the palette to your survey.
- Phrase your question in the Question Title and optionally add an Extra Description.
- By default the question has two variables that can be ranked. To add more click the + Add button in the Items section. You can also use the Bulk option or Extraction to variables. Variables can be made Static which keeps them in a fixed place when random or alphabetic ordering is on.
- By default the question has two ranking choices. To add more click the +Add button to add more or use the Bulk option or Extraction. Choices can be assigned a Score or SPSS short code.
- Configure Display and Options settings. See below for details.
- Save your survey.
|Display side-by-side||Displays the question on one half of the screen. In order for two questions to display side-by-side, you’ll have to enable this option for both questions. The first question will be on the left and the second on the right.|
|Append to previous question||Use this to make this question appear as if it’s part of the previous question.|
|Error Message||Message that displays when a respondent hasn’t ranked all options.|
|Optional||Makes question optional. Uncheck to make it required.|
|Randomize Variables||Shows answer variables a random order per respondent. Variables that are Static will not be affected by this setting.|
|Alphabetize Variables||Shows answer variables alphabetic order. Variables that are Static will not be affected by this setting.|