The payment question type lets you collect a payment from respondents using PayPal.
To set up a payment question:
- Drag and drop a payment question from the Advanced Questions section of the palette to the canvas.
- Phrase your question in the Question Title and optionally add an Extra Description. By default the question title is “In order to complete the survey (or form), you have to pay the following amount:”
- In the question Options, uncheck Optional to make the payment required, select a Currency, Total Amount, and enter the Email Address and PDT Token for the PayPal account to receive payments. See below for more on finding your PDT token.
- Configure Display settings for the question. See below for details.
- Save your survey.
Click below to see settings in detail:
|Display side-by-side||Displays the question on one half of the screen. In order for two questions to display side-by-side, you’ll have to enable this option for both questions. The first question will be on the left and the second on the right.|
|Append to previous question||Use this to make this question appear as if it’s part of the previous question.|
|Optional||Makes question optional. Uncheck to make it required.|
|Currency||Select the currency your payments are in.|
|Total Amount||Enter how much the payment should be.|
|Method||The only supported payment method is PayPal Standard.|
|Email address||The email address for the Paypal account to receive payments.|
|PDT Token||The PDT token for the PayPal account to receive payments.|
Getting your PDT TokenTo accept payments you need to provide a PDT token from your PayPal account.
To get your PDT token:
- Log in to your PayPal account.
- Click the Profile sub tab under My Account.
- Under My Selling Tools, click the Update button for Website Preferences.
- Under Auto Return for Websites Payments, select the On.
- For the Return URL, enter https://fluidsurveys.com.
- Under Payment Data Transfer, select On.
- Click Save.
- Click the Update button for Website Preferences.
- Scroll down to the Payment Data Transfer section to view your PDT identity token. Copy and paste this into your question options.