The dropdown grid question type lets you add multiple drop downs all using the same set of answer choices.
To set up a dropbox grid question:
- Drag and drop a dropdown grid question from the Basic Questions section of the palette to the canvas.
- Phrase your question in the Question Title and optionally add an Extra Description.
- By default the question has two variables. Click + Add in the Variables section to add more. You can also use the Bulk option or Extraction to add variables. Each variable adds a drop down to your grid. Variables can be made Static or Optional. Uncheck Optional to make a variable required. Select Static if you want the variable to be excluded from alphabetic or random ordering. You can also choose whether to Alphabetize choices or Randomize choices. Randomized choices are shown in a random order per respondent.
- By default the question type has two choices. Click the + Add button in the choices section to add more. You can also use the Bulk option or Extraction to add answer choices. Choices can be given a Score or Code.
- Configure Display settings and Options for the question.
- Save your survey.
Click to see settings and options in detail:
|1st Column Size||Set a percentage of space the first column takes up.|
|Display side-by-side||Displays the question on one half of the screen. In order for two questions to display side-by-side, you’ll have to enable this option for both questions. The first question will be on the left and the second on the right.|
|Append to previous question||Use this to make this question appear to respondents as if it’s part of the previous question.|
|Randomize Variables||Shows drop downs in a random order per respondent. Use the Static setting per variable to leave one or more drop downs in place.|
|Alphabetize Variables||Displays drop downs in alphanumeric order of the variables names.|
|Force Unique||Requires respondents to pick a different answer choice for each drop down. Make sure there is an equal or greater number of choices than drop downs.|
|Blank choice||Enter what you want to display in a drop down when no answer has been selected. Default is —.|