Offline mode allows Enterprise plan holders to gather survey responses from a desktop or mobile device that is not connected to data or the Internet and later upload their responses when they have established a connection. Gather data in the backcountry, set up a survey station at a trade show, or administer marketing surveys in bars, shopping centers, or on public transit—the possibilities are endless.
Click one of the following topics for more information:
To launch offline mode:
- While you do have an Internet connection, click the deploy icon in the left sidebar.
- Click Launch Offline Mode.
You are now in offline mode and an Internet connection is no longer required.
To administer your survey in offline mode:
- Click New in the upper-right corner.
- Take the survey.
Offline surveys run in a loop. Every time the survey is completed, the thank you page displays for a period of time before returning to the beginning of the survey.
To navigate to the responses page, click Back in the upper-left corner. You can also directly navigate to any page in the survey by selecting it from the Page drop down in the upper-right corner.
In the mobile app, offline mode is turned on by default as soon as you load a particular survey.
You will need access to an Internet connection or data to be able to load a new survey, sync survey changes, or upload responses. Any actions that require data will return a warning if data isn’t available.
To administer a survey:
- Download and install the iPhone and iPad app or the Android app.
- Open the app and log in to your FluidSurveys account.
- While data is available, select the survey you wish to administer from the survey list.
- Click New to load the survey.
You can now take the device anywhere and administer the survey without data. The survey will continue to load in a loop each time it is submitted.
Responses gathered in offline mode can be uploaded to FluidSurveys when you have an Internet or data connection. Uploaded responses will show up in the Responses section of your survey and be available for reports.
To upload responses:
- Navigate to your offline responses page by selecting Back*. If you are in Kiosk mode, you will need to exit it first.
- Make sure you have a Internet or data connection and click Upload.
- If you have collectors set up, you will be prompted to select one. Choosing No Collector will upload responses to the default collector.
- Click Upload.
- Choose whether or not you want to remove the uploaded responses from the device. Removing them will prevent the possibility of uploading duplicates in the future.
If you are using offline mode from a desktop computer, you have the option of exporting responses to a txt file. Exporting does not require an Internet connection.
To export responses:
- Navigate to your offline responses page by selecting Back.
- Click Export.
If you gathered offline responses you don’t want to upload, you can delete them.
To delete responses:
- Navigate to your offline responses page by exiting Kiosk mode, if necessary, and selecting Back.
- Select the checkbox next to the response or responses you want to delete.
- Click Delete.
You can edit a response before uploading it if you need to change any question answers.
- From the response list, select the response you want to edit.
- Work you way through the survey and edit the answers you need to change.
- Submit the survey.