Reports let you create charts and graphs of responses to your survey’s close ended questions and visualize open ended response data in a variety of ways. Reports can be shared or embedded on a website.
Cross tabulation is a statistical tool used in market research, social sciences, and many other fields to analyze categorical data, allowing you to compare the relationship between two or more categories and understand how they are related to each other.
When you create a crosstab report you can select a single question or variable to cross tabulate your data with. For example, cross tabulate with a question that asks respondents to select which province they are from, and see each question broken down by how many respondents from each province answered a given way.
Whether you are creating a regular or crosstab report you can choose from the following Report Types:
- Blank Report: Creates an empty report you can add items to manually.
- Default Report: Creates a report containing an item for each survey question. Items can be edited or removed.
- Custom Report: Creates a report containing an item for each survey question where each question type displays based on custom configuring options.
To create a report:
- Click the reports icon for the survey you want to create a report for.
- Select either + New Report or New Crosstab Report. See below for more on crosstab reports.
- Select a Report Type. If you select a Custom report, configure your Advanced Options see below.
- If you are creating a crosstab report, select the dimension to crosstab your report agains in the Crosstab Options drop down.
- Click Create Report.
- Optionally customize the colors of your report, set up scheduled emails of your report, or share the report.
Adding Items to a Report
If you create a blank report you need to add items to it. You can also add more items to either a custom or a default report.
To add an item to a report:
- In your report, click Click to add item. This will be at the bottom of a report with items already in it.
- Select a question to add data from, from the Question drop down in the upper left corner of the edit widget window.
- Use the edit widget to configure how the item should display. See below for more detail.
- Click save.
Editing Report Items with the Editing Widget
To edit an item in your report hover over it and click Edit. Change how your data is displayed using the buttons at the top of the edit widget window. After you have selections a chart or display type, you can apply a filter to the data in the item or use the Advanced Options drop down to further customize the item.
Chart and display options:
- Table: Displays responses to close ended questions or categorized text response data in a table.
- Pie Chart: Displays responses to close ended questions or categorized text response data in a pie chart.
- Bar Chart: Displays responses to close ended questions or categorized text response data in a bar chart.
- Time Series: Displays the average score for a question over time.
- Aggregate: Displays the sum, mean, and standard deviation for scores. If multiple questions are selected, the average sum, mean, and standard deviation is calculated.
- Word Cloud: Displays open ended responses as a word cloud.