Kiosk mode allows you to set up stations where respondents can take offline surveys without assistance from anyone and without the risk that they’ll see anyone else’s data. To learn about deploying online surveys in kiosk mode read: Deploying a Survey in Kiosk Mode.
Offline surveys run in a loop by default. Whether on a desktop computer or the mobile app, if you put an offline survey in kiosk mode, you can no longer navigate directly to different pages in the survey or access the responses page without first entering a password.
To enter kiosk mode:
- With the survey loaded in offline mode, select Kiosk in the upper-right corner.
- Select Idle Timeout and Restart timeout. The Idle Timeout determines how long a survey will wait to refresh if a respondent starts but doesn’t finish it. The Restart Timeout determines how long the survey will wait to refresh after a respondent has submitted a completed survey.
- Click Lock. Your survey will lock out navigation until you exit kiosk mode. (Clicking Save will save your timeout settings but not put you in kiosk mode.)
- Enter an unlock password and confirm it.
- Click Confirm.
Exiting Kiosk Mode
To exit kiosk mode from a desktop:
- Select the survey that is locked in kiosk mode.
- Press SHIFT + CTRL + U on your keyboard.
- Enter your unlock password.
- Click Unlock.
To exit kiosk mode from the mobile app:
- Select the survey that is locked in kiosk mode. It will have a lock icon next to it.
- Shake the device.
- Enter the unlock password.